CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Kicking Back

As we near the end, we are now at the resort. I thought we were staying in Ubon Ratchachani, but rather we are staying east of there out in the country on the other side of the river of Laos. We will be going in to Ubon for some sightseeing and shopping this afternoon.

The resort is really beautiful and peaceful. The food is closer to home, and we have an actual shower. This trip has really made me appreciate what we have at home that we take for granted: plumbing, clean water, hot water, water pressure, etc. Our country is truly blessed with an abundance, and I find myself feeling uncomfortable enjoying these luxuries. Even the place we stayed most of the timer we were here, although it was like a one star motel, complete with bugs and mold, was so much better than what most folks here live in. I was a little uncomfortable with the cold front came through and brought the temps down to around 50 degrees. Many folks here still live in thatch roofed shacks, and Tony (missionary) told me when the temperature drops like this, older people die from exposure. I know I am supposed to be resting, but my mind keeps wandering. I can look across the river and see the huts that were similar to what Ban Yea is like and it is just hard for me to settle. I know many people are affected this way on mission trips. There is so much to be done and I feel so overwhelmed as I knows my best effort to help will not even be a drop in the bucket.

We leave tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to the chance of getting to meet Polly & Champ's parents.

0 comments: