CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Blessings and Prayers...

WOW!! I have already begun to receive the blessings from some of you offering financial assistance to make this trip possible. Thank you so much! May God richly bless you for your generosity. Once I get a current total, I will update the figures shown. I will continue to trust God for His provision. I have to say that asking people for help is never easy. But a friend recommended that I look at this in different perspective-- ask people to pray for you, and let God lead those who want to help financially. I chose people that I knew would commit to praying for me. So, I did, and God is blessing!

I, also, wanted to give you an update on what our recent missions team discussed this past weekend. In addition to covering some itinerary items, we also began dialogue about how to effectively follow up with new believers on this trip. There are cultural and other considerations so we need God's wisdom to be able to handle the response to the gospel. As you probably know we are called to make followers of Christ, not converts. So, please pray that we follow God's direction in this aspect of the trip. Also, the Pastor and I are responsible for putting together some dramas to aid in the communication of the gospel since there is a significant language barrier. So, specific prayer for that as well is appreciated.

I will update you more later.

0 comments: